Sunday, May 22, 2005

Sayesha in Orchard Road

Orchard Road brings out the dumbest side of me. Frankly speaking, I think it has too many landmarks. I get so completely and hopelessly lost in Orchard Road, that it's almost ridiculous. Seven years in Singapore and I still dread having to go there alone.

Here's a list of dumb things I have said/thought in/about Orchard road.

- "Hmmm... so which side of the road am I supposed to take the bus from?"
(For people who don't live in Singapore, and are wondering why this is so funny, Orchard road is a one-way road.)

- "Ummm... why don't we just meet at City Hall instead?"

- (Inside Isetan) "Hmmm... I took a right where the pink skirt was hanging. Oh my god, what if someone bought it while I was shopping in the other section? Oh my god! I'll never be able to get out of Isetan!"

- "Can we just meet at City Hall instead?"

- "Hello, Naari? I need help. I am at Orchard. Am facing Borders. Behind me is... well, I dunno what's behind me. So I'm facing Borders. Now how do I get home??"

- "Ok those directions sound too complicated. Just meet at City Hall, man!"

- "Errr... you wanna meet at Lido? Umm... I have a better plan! How about we meet at the MRT and then walk to Lido together
?"

- "I know! Let's just meet at City Hall!"

- "Meet at Forum shopping mall?? Wadda hell is dat? You mean they came up with another landmark?? The morons!!"

- "Ummm yeah, I'm just gonna go to City Hall, whether you turn up or not."



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar..The facing Borders incident especially ;)

Kaps said...

Since the govt. plans to introduce more shopping malls to improve the Orchard road landscape, things are not gonna get better for u:-)

Princessse said...

hhahahahahahah :) That's just wayyyy cute man... I have the same problem with Orchard Road.. For the moment, I've managed to work out that coffee bean and CPK are on one end. And from there, I'm able to figure out where I need to be. But it's very inefficient because it means walkin right to the end of Orchard Road from wherever I am in order to figure out where I WAS... !!! And most of the time, I am supposed to be at the OTHER end!!!!

Anonymous said...

And to top it off, I asked Sayesha to walk from MRT to Tangs today and she almost punched me in the face....

Sayesha said...

Gee, thanks for that, Naari!

I could not believe my eyes when I saw your sms message, "Meet me at Tangs."

Unknown said...

ROFL...

One way traffic & which side.. OMG.. that was funny dear =))

Btw.. mera door door tak Singapore se koi vaasta nahi hai.. so just curious.. why you do always land up to the 'City Hall'.. how easy is that to remember yaar?

//"I took a right where the pink skirt was hanging. Oh my god, what if someone bought it while I was shopping in the other section? Oh my god! I'll never be able to get out of Isetan!"
This was the funniest & cutest >:D<

Nice one :)
Take care,
Aarti

Just Jane said...

Orchard Road is cool! I spent 18 days in Singapore and walked around Orchard quite a bit, central point hai na! And yes, many of the times I was by myself. Did get confused about where the MRTs were located on which part of the road etc, maps can be wayyy confusing too :P