Hi Mom, Dad,
I may sound age-ist here, but I don't let the upper generation touch my blog. So you're never gonna read this. Which is why here goes -- some things about me that I never told you:
- Remember the plant in the living room that was so healthy it used to amaze people? Well, I fed it with a staple diet of the milk that I was supposed to drink every morning.
- During 'study hour' on Wednesday evenings, sis and I used to put the TV on mute and watch 'Chitrahaar'.
- When I was in the 12th standard, I was made to stand outside the classroom for one whole day with all my classmates. The class teacher walked past the class and sarcastically said to me, "Aap is school ki head girl hain na?" ("Aren't you the head girl of this school?") That was terribly embarrassing.
- I never finished the long course of those antibiotics that I was taking. In fact, I used to toss one tablet out of the window every single day to see how far it travelled.
- I don't know what I was thinking when I used to say that my dream was to be an engineer. I think it could be because 'doctor' was taken by sis.
- I never actually studied seriously for IIT.
- I lied when I said I have a lot of savings when I quit my first crappy job without a back-up. I was down to my last 100 bucks. I just did not want to take money from you.
- I never really looked for another engineering job after I quit the first one.
- "This whole editor thing" was actually not a temporary thing as I'd told you.
- In my first year at university, I was climbing down a flight of steps when I saw this Mauritian guy. He was so freakin' good-looking that I tripped and sprained my ankle quite badly. It still hurts sometimes.
- Remember when I broke my leg within six months of landing in Singapore because "I fell down while jogging"? Well, I conveniently omitted to tell you that I broke my leg because I was crazy enough to go jogging on the road at 1 in the morning.
- I went to a bachelor's party once where I was the only girl other than the stripper. And the guys asked her to give me a lap dance. Yikes.
Friday, July 22, 2005
Hi Mom, Dad,
Posted by Sayesha at 22:36