Wednesday, April 26, 2017

V is for visitors

Every April for the A-Z challenge, I like to do a post sharing some stats about my blog's visitors. Frankly, it's the easiest post to do as all I need are some screenshots, but I still have fun doing it and analysing the different aspects. Now it has kind of become an annual tradition.

The sis-in-law tells me that whenever I include a link to her blog, her stats shoot up. I feel happy and amused at the same time. It amazes me that people are still reading blogs in the age of quick fixes. That too, my blog, which features mostly personal anecdotes and Xena stories. In the instant gratification era, the fact that people go through the tedium of reading someone's blog, is both surprising and touching.

I started blogging more than 12 years ago, and I always thought that one day personal blogs would die out and no one would read or write them anymore. However, my love for blogging kept me going and I was determined to keep blogging instead of switching to something like Twitter. I always tell myself that I am my own motivation, whether it's blogging or fitness or any of the things that I want to do in my life. But I can't deny the fact that when the blog stats show that people out there are reading it, it does give me a boost.

I feel really grateful to have you guys read my blog and I do apologise for the hazaar typos and grammatical errors my posts often have. (I type way faster than I think, and I'm guilty of not proofreading my posts once I type them out. When you edit and proofread stuff for a living, you don't feel like editing and proofreading your own blog posts. Strange, but true. Or maybe it holds true only for me. Not a valid excuse still. But lately, I've been trying a little harder to get a little better.)

Thank you, my dear visitors (or bewdas of the bar, as I like to call you), for all the love, support, comments and emails all these years!

Where do you live? (All-time stats)


Where do you live? (This month's stats)


How did you get here? (All-time stats)


How did you get here? (This month's stats)




 Which posts did you read the most? (All-time stats)


 Which posts did you read the most? (This month's stats)


What were you searching for when you landed on my blog? (All-time stats only, as this month's stats have nothing)



6 comments:

Arun said...

LOL! I consider reading your blog as instant gratification. Slow gratification is reading a three-volume sci-fi series :) :) :)

Sayesha said...

Arun,
LOL! That's explains it! So all these people who read my blog are basically heavy-duty academics taking a break! :P

Charan Deep Singh said...

That's a great idea for my V Post next year. But sadly, I don't have as many eyeballs as your blog... So lets build a critical mass first. Haha.

V is Veshti too...Your key source of traffic

I wrote about VCR and Video Tapes today

http://charandeepsblog.blogspot.in/2017/04/v-vcr-and-video-tapes.html

Sayesha said...

Charan,
Hahahah yeah veshti is an important traffic source on my blog! :D

Pujya said...

Hi Sayesha,

I keep reading your blog on and off. I started reading your blog in 2005 when i was just starting my post graduation. Now i have completed 9 years of work!!! I may not be a regular reader and sometimes i come back after a really long time.

I read through your blogs when your were writing movie reviews, and when you were still unmarried and then Xena was born and when she was sick and now that i see her all grown up - i feel truly happy!

It is like knowing a very distant relative but not so distant. :-)

I don't have any parting words, i know i will visit here again.

Lots of love to Xena.

pujya


Sayesha said...

Pujya,
Thank you so much for the undying support! And yes, with some old bewdas/bewdis, I do feel like we are distant cousins. :)