Friday, September 09, 2005

I'm walkin' on air

There's a spring in my step. There's music all around. My soul does a little dance. There's joy in my heart.

What strange feeling is this?

Something has changed about me. Something is different.

Perhaps it is because I'm finally free?


The shoes were just an add-on.

Fine, I bought shoes today. Yes, I know I was not supposed to buy a new pair for another month at least, but fate had other plans. Plans which I swear I was not aware of!

I was rushing for a birthday dinner when one of my shoestraps broke. The first word I said in my head was not "Damn!" Or "Shux!" It was "Yeay!" The broken shoe meant that I could buy another one without feeling guilty!

So I kinda limped my way to OG and picked up a pair of shimmering grey beauties. I told the shop assistant not to pack the new shoes because I wanted to wear them. She packed my old shoes in the new box and passed them up to the counter. After paying, I wanted to ask the cashier if she could dispose off my old shoes for me. But she looked too grumpy to be accomodating, and I was in no mood to let anyone ruin my happiness today.

So I took the OG bag with the torn shoes inside, and made my way out of the shop to look for a trash bin. And right there, near the exit was one. With a deft flick of my left hand, I tossed the OG bag into the bin, shocking the hell outta some guys who were standing there, probably waiting for their girlfriends/wives to finish their shoe-shopping. (Diversion, but why on earth do girls take guys shoe-shopping??? I just don't get it!)

Anyway, back to the gaping guys. They gave me really odd stares. I could see that they thought I was either quite barmy, or was perhaps the daughter of one of those eccentric millionaires who buys a pair of shoes, and is barely outta the shop when she gets sick of them and hence disposes them.

But barmy Sayesha catwalked her way out, smiling to herself, and feeling quite on top of the world. She had bought new shoes, and no one could bring her down. Not a broken shoe. Not a grumpy cashier. Not a bunch of staring guys who thought she was nuts.

And especially not the dude at dinner tonight who kept emphasising the word 'Sayesha' in a strange manner every time he spoke to me, and I could see that annoying smirk on his face that said, "I know your blog. Ha!"

Dude, if you're reading this, here's something for you: I am not ashamed of my blog, nor am I stupid enough to think that people like you can never get to my blog.

If you think it's good, cool.

If you think it's trash, cool.

But don't think even for a moment that you can just sit there with that smirk on your face and make me nervous about you reading my blog.

Because frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.



28 comments:

Bhavesh said...

hehehe :) how many do u ve now sayesha??

Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

Attagirl!!!! You rock!!

virdi said...

she now has 21
is there someone other than me who hates your blog??
u can say what Kini used to say to his sister.. go to hell and then die, first suffer and then die
damn i am third.. uff!!
V..

Siddhu said...

Haha! Cool attitude! Didn't think there cld be much improvement on Gable's lines, or a more fitting place.

Well, girl, u found it! W2G !:D

Anonymous said...

saste saste chappal kharidoge to aise hi tooth jaayega strap... :)

i used my woodlands thoughtout the 4 yrs of my college and finally lost them in a train :(( .....
nahi to aur 2 saal chalata tha... kya solid shoe the

Anonymous said...

i take it you have seen or read Gone with the Wind :)

Sayesha said...

#Justme,
//how many do u ve now sayesha??
Not nearly enough. ;)

#Kroopz,
A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do, eh? :)

#Virdi,
//is there someone other than me who hates your blog??
Plenty, my friend. Plenty.
ps: Will do your tag thing when I get some time okay? Today I need to finish unpacking and set up my new house.

#Siddhu,
Some movies just have the perfect lines to fit a real life situation, isn't it? :)

#Spam,
//i used my woodlands thoughtout the 4 yrs of my college
You're a guy. What do you expect?

#Venkat,
I know it sounds unbelievable but I haven't! :O

LovingAndLosing said...

Just a thought: I don't think anyone who's actually READ your blog could ever even mistakenly believe that he could make YOU nervous!!! He'd either have to be really stupid or really stupid! ;)

Anonymous said...

The thing I dont get it is why was the guy smirking? Some sorta chilli got stuck in his mouth? And if he is smirking because he has read your blog, I cant help but agree with ms. v. That dude's got some loose screws up there. BTW, do you love shoes as in those beaded ones (u must try Bonia, they have a fabulous collection, with all those diamantes!)...have a nice day walking in those new shoes..:))

patiala pataka said...

so you going?

Siddiqui said...

hey Sayesha,
"Yeh Paav Zameen Par Mat Rakh Li Jiye, Maile Ho Jayenge" ;-)

Sayesha said...

#Ms. V, Divya,
I think he probably believed he had some sorta "control" over me because he "reads my deepest darkest secrets without my knowledge." Geez. Some guys I tell you...

#Pat Pat,
Dunno yaar... today spent all day unpacking and stuff, haven't started working on assignments yet... Need to finish them before the weekend's gone!

#Ashy,
I think it should be more like "Sayesha, yeh paanv zameen par mat rakhiye, zameen maili ho jayegi!! :P

dUh said...

Relak lah, I'm fine.. a broken finger, whiplash and a bruised shoulder - none the worse ;)

Just plummeted my respect for female drivers by a good 500 points.

In the words of Pearl Jam, "I'm still alive, Hey, I, I'm still alive, Hey, ohhhhhhh, I'm still aliveee".

BTW, outta sight = outta mind eh? Where got nice nice songs on gmail mah?

Anonymous said...

hey! having been one of the ppl at the time of the incident, i must say..

ROCKING shoes, man!

rock on!

Sayesha said...

Surreal Reality,
Just sent you "Aapki kashish" and "Aashiq banaya aapne", two songs I have been OBSESSING over!
Take care, man!
ps: Now you see why I don't drive???

Anonymous,
What do you mean by the "incident"? Were you there outside the shop or at the dinner table?
ps: Yeah, the shoes do rock! ;)

patiala pataka said...

"Where got nice nice songs on gmail mah?"

haha...i guess you are not a native speaker?

Sahil said...

That's totally Singaporean Surreal Reality... and I don't even have to go to your blog to find that out.

And Sayesha, great post. You got guts man, giving the guy a piece of ur mind on ur blog knowing that he's reading this.

And while you could have retorted back last night, publicly humiliating him in front of your friends, you chose to let him have it on your blog instead. This way he's safe, as his identity is not revealed, while still giving him the telling off he deserves. A just and fair punishment.

... and the no nonsense, I don't give a crap what you think of me, and I won't take no shit Sayesha, is damn cool!

I like.

Anonymous said...

Kya baat hai ! tu to poori sherni hai re ! u can very well be moving around with a board which says "mujh se pangaa nahee lena".
mind blowing attitude.

Manish Kumar said...

Naye Jooton ki kahani Sayesha ki jubani ! pasand aayi ji!

Anonymous said...

hey sayesha..

i was there at the dinner table that day, but managed to get a glimpse of those 'glittering beauties'!!! and as i said before, they rock!!

and plus...i like the way u've managed to give that guy just what he needs! boy, would i HATE to be him right now!

Anonymous said...

//Because frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

then whats the point in mentioning? ...just let it go...

Anonymous said...

Sayesha...i responded to your comment on my blog....:-)

Angelsera said...

hey when do we get invited to ur new hse? n have some of ur pav bhaji?? :D

Sayesha said...

#Pat Pat,
Surreal Reality is my Singlish buddy :)

#Sahil,
Thank you. And thank you for choosing the exact words I would have used to answer Spam's question.

I like.

#Abhi,
It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it man! ;)

#Manish,
Hahahaha! :D

#Anon,
Damn I just can't guess who you are... I have three guesses, but neither of them would post as anonymous! :) Anyway, doesn't matter. Thanks :)

#Spam,
I think Sahil has more than answered your question.
ps: Hmmm... could you be the guy at the dinner table?

#Sushant,
I saw, I read, I replied. :)

#Angelsera,
All in good time, my dear :)

Anonymous said...

//ps: Hmmm... could you be the guy at the dinner table?

nop

ahh..i broke the rulez...

dUh said...

Patiala Pataka: No leh, I try try must die wan but canno tahaan the chim English orredi. Wah lau, you think this is faaaany ah?

Majulah Singapura!

Sayesha said...

#Spam,
Blog rules are only broken by choice, I suppose. :)
Anyway, I still don't know who you are, and it doesn't matter. So all's good. :)

#Surreal Reality,
Wah lau! Good to see you haven't lost it man! Leave Singapore osso mus talk lai dat wan! :P

Bhavya said...

// Diversion, but why on earth do girls take guys shoe-shopping??? I just don't get it!

Why on earth do girls take guys anything-shopping??? I just don't get it!