Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Poetry in (slow) motion

At the recent New Year's eve party we hosted, we played 'Never have I ever' with some very interesting, and not to mention scandalous, results. I will post about that party very soon. I also realised that compared to my friends, my life has been very tame (think "Never have I ever skipped a lecture in university" and the likes, which made everyone shake their heads in utter disbelief that I was their friend). But... there was one statement I made that brought on collective gasps.

"Never have I ever paid more than $100 for a new phone."

After the "what?!", "how??", "not possible" hullabaloo had died down, I explained. I don't really care much for mobile phones and so whenever I renew my contract, I pick up whatever lowest-priced phone they have on offer. And on most occasions, it has been $0. The $100 was that one time when they didn't have anything lower. Seriously. I told you. I don't care. I don't want to get a $800 phone and then lose or drop it and feel horrible afterwards. I don't even use my phone all that much and I have no apps or fancy stuff on it. On hindsight, never have I ever called an Uber from my phone, simply because I don't even have the app.

Viv keeps insisting that I should get an iPhone, but I believe it has nothing to do with husbandly love and care. All he probably wants is to upgrade to the next iPhone himself, without feeling guilty about ditching his still-newish old iPhone. So he wants me to take over his hand-me-down phone, putting forth the "strong" argument that it will still be a $0 phone for me, but it will be infinitely better than the ones I've owned so far. Nope. You get yourself a fancy phone and then you put the fancy stuff that goes into your fancy phone and bam, your life is not as simple as it was anymore. I know it works for others, but it just won't work for me.

He, of course, is a big fan of the iPhone and has recently started taking slow-mo videos with it, which I admit are impressive but are hardly the reason for me to switch. So this weekend, after he came back from cricket practice and showed me this iPhone slow-mo video he took, I doubled over with laughter.

My man was behind the nets, taking a slow-mo video of his teammates' practice, and got so engrossed that he forgot that when a ball is coming at you, you need to remember who you are at that moment (photographer, not wicket-keeper).



#AurKhareedoiPhone



2 comments:

Bubblegum said...

iphone in India costs an eye may be.

Kaun leta hai 'latest' iphone! :D

By the way I capital ayega ki small in the above statement? ok bye :D

Arun said...

Ouch! Glad that the cameraman (and camera) are ok.