Saturday, December 02, 2017

Mum's the word

Xena - Mama, what are you making for dinner?

I almost jumped. Had my food-loathing child just asked me that? Viv is travelling so it's just us ladies in da house. And because I was so thrown off at her food query, I decided to tease her and have some fun.

Me (very casually and sweetly) - I don't know about you, baby. I'm having leftovers. I have enough for one.

Xena (a little horrified) - What...?! What am I going to do for my dinner then..?

Me (solemnly) - Pata nahin. Mere paas leftovers hain. Tumhaare paas kya hai?

Xena (giving me strange looks) - ??!!

Meanwhile, I'm almost falling off my chair laughing, after suddenly realising how apt the expected answer would be even in this scenario.

#canttaketheBollywoodouttameever



5 comments:

Bubblegum said...

And the timing. Shashi Kapoor passed away yesterday.I am not sure about his acting but I loved his looks- dont ask why. May be because, I see Ranbir in him!

Arun said...

#MayTheBollywoodRemainWithYouForever
:)

How do we know said...

Well.. and what did she say?

Arun said...

Time for a recipe! :)

Charan Deep Singh said...

You are very comfortable and lucid when writing about your experiences with Xena, I am always unsure about writing about my kid. Still tried to write a post as he turns 1..

...and he is 1