Thursday, August 10, 2017

The smell test

After I tucked Xena into her bed and said good night, I told her I was going for a shower.

"Okay, but come back after your shower and hug me, okay?"

So I went back to her room after my shower and hugged her. She was kinda awake.

"Mama, you smell so nice..."

"Hmmm... like a flower?" (My shower foam is lavender -- my favourite.)

"Noooooo... if you were a flower, bees would go into your nose!"

"Uhhh okay. Not a flower then..."

"Yep, not a flower. You smell like... uhh..." (thinking hard)

"What?"

"You smell very nice, like a... like a..." (thinking harder)

"Like a what, baby?"

"I know! Like... the opposite of a skunk!"

Touché.




6 comments:

Arun said...

Where were y'all entertained to the stink of a skunk?
Singapore mein hotein hain kya?

PS: your little dinophile might be interested - there might somewhere be a kid-friendly article about the largest dinosaur found so far.
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/08/is-this-really-the-biggest-dinosaur-ever-discovered/536187/

Arun said...

Just learned of the stinky corpse flower.
http://dcist.com/2017/08/a_corpse_flower_is_blooming_again_a.php

Sayesha said...

Arun,
It's all the result of the Science magazine I work for. It's supposed to be for 9-12-year-olds, but Xena loves it. :)
Thanks for the dino article, I'll try to simplify and explain it to her.
And what a coincidence that you mentioned the corpse flower, we literally just featured it in the magazine! :D

How do we know said...

ha ha ha!

Sayesha said...

How do we know,
:D

reema said...

Nice post.Keep it up.
Top 5 IAS Coaching In Jaipur