Monday, February 08, 2016

First things first

"When was the last time you did something for the first time?"

Every now and then, I ask myself this question. I can't remember where I first read it, but it serves as a good reminder for me to live life to the fullest.

So last week, I found myself answering this question multiple times.

We had gone to Telunas island in Indonesia for our 9th wedding anniversary, and it was a trip of many firsts. First time travelling by boat for two and a half hours to get anywhere, first time staying in a villa built over the sea, first time kayaking on a black river lined by mangrove forests, first time chasing squirmy mudskippers and crabs along the beach, first time toasting marshmallows on a bonfire, and thanks to Viv, first time having a surprise candle-light dinner on a jetty!

No wonder I have been raving about Telunas to anyone and everyone who cares to listen (or doesn't!).

Hop on to my travel blog Hopscotch for more details and pictures about this piece of paradise.


    



7 comments:

idom said...

Hi Sayesha,

I have travelled a fair bit of the world. And I think two places are out of the world
1) Ladakh
2) Maldives.

If you like this, I think you must go to maldives before global warming sinks the whole country.

You will just love the place.
And don't forget to do para-gliding for breathtaking beauty


Regards,
idom

Aakanksha dhokte said...

Nice write-up Sayesha...Especially the line "When was the Last Time you did something for the First Time". This inspires a lot and gives a positive energy to do something new. Thanks for sharing

Ekta said...

Loved reading the travelogue!

Obscure Optimist said...

What a place...and amazing travelogue..
It's always exciting to read about Xena especially on trips, doing new things!!

Vidya Hemraj said...

Hi Sayesha, I guess the line 'when was the last time you did something for the first time' was in an old Emirates advertisement. I love this statement too!

And Telunas looks out gorgeous .... I was thrilled to know that for a change you were the one at the (pleasant) receiving end of surprises.

Prathima said...

Looks like an amazing place, Sayesha!! You guys look great.

Kanan said...

Absolutely amazing place! But being an aqua phobic I might not stay where you did ;)
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos and other vacation details. Keep 'em coming!!