Thursday, October 30, 2008

Age rage

So I bump into my next door Chinese neighbour and her kid in the lift as I make my way to work. This is the second time we're meeting.

"Hi! Off to work?" She says.

"Yeah! You?"

"I'm going to drop her off at school first, and then head to the office. Juggling kids and work..." She smiles.

"Oh, how many kids do you have?" I ask.

"I have three."

"Wow. You don't look like a mother of three!" I am amazed.

"Haha! What about you? You only have one son?" She asks.

I undergo a major Sita Maiya moment. You know, dharti phat jaaye aur main usme samaa jaaun type?

Holy cow. She thinks Viv is my son?????????

"Noooo! I don't have any kids. I just got married last year."

"Oh! So who was that boy? I saw him when you had the prayer ceremony..."

Okay pause. Rewind to grihapravesh puja invitees. Who looked the youngest among the guys?

Holy cow. She thinks Pizzadude is my son?????????

Another Sita Maiya moment.

"Noooo, that was a friend of mine who had come for the prayer ceremony..." I protest again.

"No no, it was a little boy. He was swinging on the door grill." She says.

Okay pause. Pizzadude may be a lively chap, but I can't imagine him to be the kind of a twenty-something guy who goes to other people's houses and starts swinging on their door grills.

And then it struck me. One of Viv's aunts had dropped by for a very short while for the puja. She had brought along her little kid.

PHEW!



25 comments:

Prithi Shetty said...

:)) LOL

Happy Diwali !

And btw Gold !

Prasanth said...

Nice :-)))
Silver...making this a habit!!!

Kanan said...

Oh man! Such a nosy lady. Was she Indian?

Once my dad and I are shopping in an electronics store and this senior citizen shows up in a wheel chair out of no where and asks us "how many kids do you have?" and I'm like "DUH! I am his kid!!" pointing at my dad. You should have seen his face. And no, he wasn't Indian, he was a gora. :|

Jass said...

Hahah! LOL!
Bechare pizzadude pe ilzaam lag gaya :)

A G said...

You cheered my day (which was pathetic)

God will bless you and give you lots of goodies.

How young does pizzadude look anyway that YOU ACTUALLy considered him for a second to be taken for your kid?

A G said...

also...i jsut remembered,my sister (who is two years older than me) and me were on her scooty one day and some toy/ballon vendor looked at her and then me saying,beti key liye kareedlo na.
Does that make you feel better?

GG said...

rotfl! Hilarious...talk about assuming any random Indian baby has to be your neighbor's!
When we moved to our home our Amru neighbor was displeased that we didn't have any kids :p

soleil said...

ROFL!!!

Nidhi said...

Hahahahahaha!!!
Bhai....hahahahahahahahaha!!! :D :D :D

Prats said...

Apun ki to Hawaich nikal gayeli thi...

Apun ke bhatije bhi aa gayele aur apun ko khabar bhi nahi...Yeh theek nahi ho raha hai mamu!!!

R said...

hahaha

gud one bahin

R said...

hahaha

gud one bahin

Jagjit said...

LOL, yeah PHEW!!! Jaan me jaan ayi :)

aequo animo said...

Sayesha Mom!, Quite a promotion from bhaigiri:D . Makes me wonder are you really all the "bhai" or more of Sita maiya?

Sumanth said...

ROFL.. As soon as I read that I was imagining pizzadude swinging on the grill.. sorry man.. but the image was too hilarious. :)

PizzaDude said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Maybe the next time I visit, I should swing on the grill just to freak out your neighbour :))

@Sumanth: Hah! I was LOLing too on imagining myself swinging on the grill.

chanakya said...

ROFL...
maybe your neighbor is suggesting ahh its time for kids ... :D

PizzaDude said...

I can understand the "Sita Maiya moment". I too had a slightly similar moment when someone referred to me as PizzaUncle in the comments section of one of your previous posts :(

Nimit said...

ROFL ! Nice one!

Pinku said...

wow!!!

you do meet interesting people....but most importantly did you find out how they manage to look so slim trim even after three kids...

do share the secret...will be a big help.

And Pizzadude should do something about his looks...this is just not on to be mistaken for Sayesha's kid...even by Sayesha herself ...

Nidhi said...

Hahahaha !!

I wish someone could capture those Sita Maiyya moments of yours and share them with us :D

Stone said...

how abt a 'photoshoped'pic of pizzadude swinging on the grill' :-)

Anup said...

Hahahahaha @ Sita Maiya moment!

phatichar said...

Oh, what a find of a blog!! Howlarious..and what writing. Still ROTFL at 'Sita Maiyya' moment. lol!

workhard said...

LOL, you ve got some amazing stories to share,
and the way you write is awesome

BPO work from home