Thursday, November 06, 2008

Blind spot

So I'm singing 'Maine pichhle saath dinon mein' as I'm making dinner. Viv is hanging around the kitchen, generally not doing anything useful, but whatever's on the cutting board is disappearing at an alarming rate.

"Do andhe match ke passes! Mere naye naye sunglasses!" I sing/yell.

"Hahaha!" He starts laughing.

"What?!" I glare at him.

"Do andhe match ke passes?"

"Isn't that what he sings?"

"Hahahaha! No!"

"Are you sure??"

"Yeah-a! What is andhe matches?"

"Err... I don't know... You know the lyrics these days..."

"But andhe match ke passes?"

"Well, maybe andhe match ke passes means... like... you know... blind passes?" I make a feeble attempt.

"And what on earth are 'blind passes'?"

"Blind passes... as in passes when you don't know what your seat number is? You know? Like a blind date?" I try to sound confident.

Viv gives me the 'you're-bullshitting-and-you-know-it' look.

"Okay fine, I don't know what andhe matches and andhe passes are. But this movie has weird lyrics! They have a song about hissing snakes! Zehreele zehreele! Kaale neele peele!" I am still in denial.

"Okay fine, let's listen to it."

I play the song on the computer.

Farhan shrieks, "Do andhe match ke passes!"

"See?? I mean, hear??" I do a victory dance.

Viv plays it again.

Farhan shrieks again, "Do andhe match ke passes!"

"Hahahaha!" Viv is laughing non-stop.

"What?!"

"It's one-day match ke passes!"

"No it's not!"

"Okay, what do you think makes more sense, huh? Andhe match or one-day match?" He smiles his annoying wise smile.

I don't have words. I just stare at him blankly.

The most shocking part of this conversation was the complete role reversal. Usually he kills the lyrics and I resurrect them. This whole conversation was all wrong - it was as if he was saying my dialogues and I was saying his.

Mere yeh din aa gaye hain?

Now Viv has started correcting lyrics I sing????

I must be losing it.

I need a holiday dammit. :/



30 comments:

vineet said...

Farhan has a lisp problem...don't blame yourself

Sri Harsha Dandibhotla said...

silver!
and yeah.. lyrics of that song are kind of weird..

I couldn't understand what "Meri Jeb ka ek packet" was until someone clarified it was "Mary Jane ka ek packet".

smalltown_girl said...

oh now i got it..
and sayesha, if viv's getting it before you, you really need a holiday! :P

Amey said...

Considering that the "andhe" is an adjective for passes and not matches, I am guessing those are the seats facing away from the ground ;)

Sanchit said...

yeh kya ho gaya bhai...

waise one-day to clear hai :P

"socha hai" mein i had confusion...

teen hai yeh mausam kyon,
jaan do kyon nahin...

How do we know said...

yay yay yay.. take that holiday dudette!

Kanan said...

hota hai, hota hai... ;) *bhagyashree ishtyle*

LOL mast lyrics hai.. do andhe match ke passes. This reminded me of your first post that brought me to the bar. What was that again? :)

So where's the next holiday gonna be at?

Bhavya said...

Hey! I misunderstood the same line and I used to sing "Do andhe match ke passes..." to myself all the time too, until a friend corrected me!

Mayuri said...

lol...even i thot it was "do bande match k passes"..for some wierd reason for a looong tym... :) :)doesnt make sense at all i kno..so dont blame urself!!

Mayuri said...

lol...even i thot it was "do bande match k passes"..for some wierd reason for a looong tym... :) :)doesnt make sense at all i kno..so dont blame urself!!

A G said...

love to read about.just like calvin and hobbes.

do consider comic'ing :) you'll have a super hit like your blog.

and to your post :1)Viv is cricket person no,so these lyrics were recognisable by him :P 2)Tell him we are laughing along with him ..hehehehehe

-Ag

A G said...

i feel like i am reading good fiction whenever you and viv,i dont know either of you but adore you nevertheless.

love to read about it just like calvin and hobbes.

do consider comic'ing :) you'll have a super hit like your blog.

and to your post :1)Viv is cricket person no,so these lyrics were recognisable by him :P 2)Tell him we are laughing along with him ..hehehehehe

(This was actualllll comment,blogger doesn't like me commenting on thy blog,tsk tsk)

Prithi Shetty said...

sputter, sputter :))

Too good again.

SMM said...

Hey you know the first time I heard the song Zehreele Zereele...I actually though the next line was 'Coffee peene chale?' and not 'Kaale neele peele'

santasizing...Fantasizing said...

heeeeheeeeheeee...
its reeeallly funny!!
but bhai...it never sounded andhe match ke passes even to me:-)when im the biggest oh-no-cricket person in the world(ducking to avoid any shoes coming my way!!)

ROFL

Revs said...

Ha ha ha!!!
Hilarious as usual. :D
this reminds me of indian idol ka ek episode where this girl sings "aap jaisa koi meri zindagi mein aaye to BAAP ban jaye"!! :D:D

and u know what. i think its Viv who needs a holiday, not you!! ;)
:P

Urv said...

* I just read the post Age Rage :) From today onwards, u shall be called Monica bhai. Hope u can relate to F.R.I.E.N.D.S (Monica bhai rhymes with Munna bhai too)

* Rock on ke lyrics to hai hi aise yaar. I tell you what! Farhan would have written the lyrics himslef only and phir Javed ji ka naam daal diya credits mein ;)

* As for this song, I thought the second line was 'ek aadhi mahino will' :D

Urv said...

And I claim gold. Muhahahaha.

Aaj kal ke bewda bewdi.. Pata nahi dyaan kidhar rehta hai..

Tejal said...

heyy! long time no see :P
er.. that shud be ur dialog right?
oops role reversal again :P

Unknown said...

hhahaha...seriosuly u need a break...I could not beleive this role reversal...MAdam u surely need to do somethg...

Jagjit said...

Yeah, I listened to the song again. It sounds like andhe only.. Dont feel guilty.. hehe

Nidhi said...

I remeber your post about the title track from U, Me Aur Hum.... Apne rang gawaaye bin mere rang mein mil jaao..

Seems Viv ka rang chadh raha hai aap pe :D and Viv pe aapka ;)

Prats said...

Is that you...
I don't believe....
SSSK doing this...
I still don't believe it....
Take a holiday before people start disowning you....

here i 'm said...

Lolz... i hope i haven't got any serious injury... coz i actually fell off my chair laughing :P
My mom does this pretty often... and would also insert new words...sometimes whole lines from another song...and then says... "what? ...i thought its part of this song only... both the songs sounds pretty similar..:/" :D

Unknown said...

Hahaha i also got confused to "Mary Jane ka ek packet" with "Meri Jeb ka ek packet".

phatichar said...

Didn't laundry bill also figure somewhere in that song??

Cool movie, though. ;-)

shub said...

hahahahaha! "andhe match" it seems! dhakkan! You're turning into him :D

Bivas said...

Yup...n he's absolutely right!!! :D

http://www.gr8lyrics.com/en/songs/Pichhle%20Saat%20Dino%20Mein%20Maine%20Khoya.html

Unknown said...

Hahaha, funny. Impulsively made me play all the songs from the movie.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.